Friday, June 14, 2013

Welcome - About This Blog

Welcome to my new blog about the San Francisco Zoo.   The title has a double meaning.  My use of the word "outtings" is a bit about my Zoo Visits and alot about highlighting more than just what the average Visitor experiences.

If you've come here to find fluffy info on the Zoo, you have probably come to the wrong place.  There may be some fluffy and cute, but the intention is to have a running commentary, of things I find an issue at the SFZoo.  These are things that in my personal opinion are wrong, questionable and curious.  You may or may not have the same opinion, but everything I post will be presented as it appears to me, its up to you how it affects you.

If I have time and my thoughts are too lengthy, I will make an individual post on my other blog http://iamnotananteater.blogspot.com, as I'm hoping to keep things here short.  As well I may post photos along the way as time permits, but you can always find my best ones on my Flickr photostream which is linked on the left.

If you are just visiting one of my Zoo related blogs for the first time, you can visit the link to the left for a synopsis of my other blogs, which range from the major fluffy get to know the Animals and awesomely cute photos, to how the Zoo forced the Andean Bears to live on concrete their whole life, with the Male eventually dying from the situation.  

Many on the Zoo Staff think I'm the problem and that shining light on things will have a bad effect on the Zoo.  In my opinion these people are cowards and by "buying into the BS" and adhering to "gag orders" they are sticking their heads in the sand, therefore letting these awful things happen.   What I post is my opinion of what I see and read.  It is already public.  If they don't like how my opinion makes things seem, then in my opinion  these things are obviously a valid issue along the lines I have presented them.   Otherwise no one at the Zoo would care what I say or write, but obviously many there have gotten their panties in a twist over it and even while untwisting them, they have taken some of what I've written and righted some wrongs.

Please follow me on Twitter for updates.
I will most likely post an update on Fridays
or as I make posts, depending on content.


If there is anything you read here that you have a thought on, please post a comment or contact the SFZoo itself.  Below is something I added to all my "issue" posts on my last blog.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As with all posts,
please expand comments
for additional insight and information.
Check back as I reply to all comments.
Contact the San Francisco Zoo Director Tanya Peterson
if you want your voice heard.



No comments:

Post a Comment